I think this next recipe will go over extremely well in my house. My husband is back on the healthy eating train and boiled eggs are his middle name. I found the next recipe on Pinterest and I also found a super easy way to boil eggs (without all the mess). This egg salad is perfect for a healthy lunch wrap, a dip for carrots & celery to snack on, or just plain good on anything. Enjoy!
* recipe can be found at Skinnytaste
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (discard the rest)
- 1 medium hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fat free plain yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper
Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, yogurt, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork. Combine with egg whites and adjust salt as needed. Store in an airtight container with plastic wrap pressed tightly against the salad to keep from browning.
How to Boil Eggs
Preheat oven to 325º. Place eggs in muffin tray and bake for about 25-30 minutes and remove.