Happy Monday everyone!! Today is a Meatless Monday and I can’t wait to try this next Cooking Light recipe. Will and I try to eat clean & healthy for the majority of the work week and then splurge on the weekends. Well……..the past couple of months we have been splurging more and eating healthy less. I would say we eat vegetarian 2-3 times during the week and Will loves his “Meatless Mondays”. We both have found that eating healthy on Monday helps us start our week out and we tend to be more conscious of what decisions we make the rest of the week. I am so excited that we are using tomatoes and zucchini from our garden and if you have any home grown veggies you need to use up then feel free to throw them in!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12-inch) packaged pizza crust (such as Mama Mary’s)
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into (1/8-inch-thick) slices
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- Onion, sliced
- Garlic, minced
Prepare grill. (Preheat oven to pizza pkg directions)
Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, zucchini slices, and yellow squash slices in a large bowl, (Onion) tossing gently to coat. Place squash mixture on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until tender. (Saute on stove until tender with garlic)
Reduce grill temperature to medium.
Lightly coat pizza crust with cooking spray; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Arrange zucchini and squash over crust. Arrange tomatoes over squash; sprinkle with pecorino Romano cheese. Grill 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from grill; sprinkle with basil and oregano. (Bake pizza according to package directions).