One food that I am ALWAYS craving is some sort of pasta dish. When Summer rolls around it is a difficult dish to think of because it is usually heavy and I’ve got a bikini to fit in people! Giada is known for her healthy and fresh meals and this recipe that I stumbled upon at Foodnetwork looks incredible. It is the perfect amount of comfort food and pasta, but loaded with veggies to keep your figure bathing suit friendly. I hope to make this Sunday so I will holler at you and let you know the verdict.
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 2 yellow squash, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs or herbes de Provence
- 1 pound farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 450°.
On a large heavy baking sheet, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat. Transfer half of the vegetable mixture to another heavy large baking sheet and arrange evenly over the baking sheets. Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 minutes total.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixtures in a large bowl to combine. Toss with the cherry tomatoes and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve immediately.