I was on a slow-cooker kick last week and let me tell you it made my life so much simpler! I found this recipe on allrecipes and it was delicious. It looks a little plain, but you can add your own twist to add some color and brightness to the meal. This is a go to dinner and easy too!
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup lime juice (3 Limes)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced (3-4 Cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker; pour in the lime juice and chicken stock. Add the garlic, thyme, pepper, onions, Rotel, and butter.
Cover, and cook on Low until the chicken is very tender, 8 to 10.
Stir in the rice during the last 15 minutes of cooking time. Cook the rice separately so it won’t be mushy. I used brown rice which takes about 45 minutes compared to white which takes about 15. Serve the chicken on top of cooked rice and for extra color add fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.