I am so excited to try this recipe this weekend for Memorial Day. I saw Rachael Ray cook it on her show the other day and I almost went to the store right after the episode to buy all the ingredients. The burgers look amazing and I know for a fact (bc I cooked this for the Flaming Tequila Chicken Chili) that the ranch avocado dressing is AMAZING! Happy early Memorial Day!
- 8 slices good quality bacon
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 finely chopped and 1 grated, divided
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Tender lettuce leaves such as butter, leaf or Boston Bibb
- 4 slices ripe tomato, about 1/2-inch thick
- Club rolls or brioche rolls, split
Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange bacon slices on a slotted broiler pan and bake to crisp, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-high, sauté onions and finely chopped garlic in a drizzle of EVOO until softened, 5 minutes. Place in a mixing bowl and cool. Once cool, add meat, season with salt, pepper and thyme, and mix well. Divide meat into 4 pieces and shape each piece into 2 thin patties.
Top each patty with a mound of cheese crumbles then sandwich together with another thin patty, pressing together at edges and mold into burgers. Drizzle with EVOO, turn heat back on under skillet to medium-high. When hot, add patties and cook 6 minutes on each side.
For the green Ranch dressing, place avocado in a blender with lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper, grated garlic, sour cream, buttermilk, Tabasco and chives. Process into a smooth dressing.
Serve burgers on bun bottoms topped with lettuce, tomato and bacon slices, slather roll tops with green Ranch dressing and set into place.