My DVR filled up with countless Rachael Ray shows while I was gone so on Sunday I watched every episode and was left starving and with my mouth-watering. I am going to try an adapted version of this recipe tonight and I hope it turns out as good as it looks!
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 package (12 oz.) flour tortillas
- 3 tbsp. EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large Italian frying peppers, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips (I’m using bell peppers that I already purchased instead)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 portobello mushroom caps (about 4-inch), sliced 1/4 inch thick ( Buy presliced portobellos )
- 1 container (7oz.) whole-milk Greek yogurt, for serving
In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with half of the garlic and the chili powder.
Wrap the tortillas in a sheet of foil, place in the oven and turn on to 350°. Let them warm while you cook the chicken and vegetables.
Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 1/2 tbsp. EVOO and the chicken; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a bowl.
Add the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. EVOO, the remaining garlic, the frying peppers and onion to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until beginning to char, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is hot, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chicken-vegetable mixture with the warmed tortillas and yogurt.
You can add these pantry items to the yogurt to spice up your yogurt sauce: 1 tablespoon hot sauce, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon garlic powder.