1) I received an e-mail today about the year-end result for the blog and we had more viewers than I ever anticipated! Thank you for following me and please keep sending me recipes that you enjoy because that is the whole point of this silly little site.
2) It only took me a year, but I finally figured out how to post pictures to the blog!!! I added pics to the Jambalaya post and I will add new pictures from here on out.
3) I made hummus the other day and I have to tell you that it is now my all time favorite hummus (even better than the store-bought ones) and it is super easy. Here is the recipe for the hummus and it can also be found at CookingLight.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (I used ground cumin, same amount)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- Optional: Tabasco, EVOO, and pita chips, carrots, pretzels, etc. for dipping.
Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add curry and cumin; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Place garlic mixture, water, and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. (I added approximately 10 dashed of Tabasco and a little extra virgin olive oil at the end…. SO GOOD!)