Brook hosted wine night last night and she made an awesome Martha Stewart chicken casserole. I would describe it as comfort food to the max and she swears it was easy. You can choose to make your own chicken and salsa verde, but if you buy rotisserie chicken and bottled salsa you will drastically cut down your cooking time. Enjoy!
* recipe can be found at Martha Stewart
- 12 (6″) corn tortillas (I prefer flour)
- 2 cups cooked shredded dark meat chicken (you can use white)
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups green or red salsa (use green)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 375°. In an 8-inch square baking dish, layer 4 tortillas, 1 cup chicken, cup chiles, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/3 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup cheese; repeat once. Top with remaining tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. Bake until top is browned and bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes.