Fall is when of my favorite seasons and lately I have been cooking a lot with butternut squash. I found this next recipe on cooking light the other day and I made it with fresh spinach fettucine. This is a great recipe and it’s super healthy. Enjoy!
* recipe can be found at Cooking Light
- 3 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 4 ounces uncooked pappardelle (wide ribbon pasta) or fettuccine
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 475°.
Combine the squash, sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons oil, salt, pepper, and shallots in a jelly roll pan; toss well. Bake at 475° for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sage.
While the squash mixture bakes, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place cooked pasta in a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons oil; toss well. Serve the squash mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.