This is a delicious recipe if you like hummus, garlic, and lemons. Great news for me because I love all three! I really enjoy this hummus recipe because it’s simple and it doesn’t include tahini (like most hummus recipes) which is the fatening ingredient. Extra virgin olive oil is substituted for tahini and while it’s still oil I believe my skin and hair are greatly balanced due to the excessive nature in which I use EVOO (just please let me keep believing this so don’t tell me otherwise!). I hope you try this out soon!
* recipe can be found at Food Network
- 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained (I wash after draining)
- 1 clove garlic, cracked from skin
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, stripped from stems
- Coarse salt and pepper
- A few drops hot sauce, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil eyeball it
Items for dipping
- red bell peppers
- grape tomatoes
- pita chips
- whatever you like!
Combine the chick peas, garlic, lemon zest and juice, thyme, salt and pepper and hot sauce in food processor. Turn processor on and stream in the extra-virgin olive oil. Transfer the dip t a dish and surround with veggies and chips.
I use this instead of mayo on sandwiches and wraps and it’s delicious and nutritious!