Here are three more dishes from Jeen Marie. I have only heard GREAT things about all of them. All of these would be great “party” foods so invite some people over and EAT!
Layered Antipasto Salad
- 12 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, un-drained
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch torn romaine lettuce
- 1 container grape tomatoes
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup whole pitted olives
- sliced pickled banana peppers
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Drain artichokes and reserve marinade. Combine marinade, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic in a jar and shake well.
Layer 1/3 of lettuce in a 4 qt. bowl and top with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and pepperoni. Layer 1/3 lettuce and top with cheese, onions, and olives. Drizzle with 1/2 of the dressing. Top with remaining lettuce and garnish with banana peppers.
Drizzle with remaining dressing and top with bacon. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
She saves a little of each ingredient (except artichoke hearts) to garnish the top of the salad along with the peppers.
- 1 box jiffy cornbread mix
- 4 eggs
- 6 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) box chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
Mix all ingredients. Bake in a 9″ pie plate at 400 for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 6 slices buttered bread, crusts removed
- 1 lb sausage (veggie crumbles may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half and half cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook and drain sausage (or veggie crumbles). Place buttered bread in the bottom of a 9×13 pan and top with sausage. Mix eggs, cream, salt and pepper and pour over sausage. Top with cheese. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.