Meredith M. sampled this recipe last week and said it was really good. I am a SUPER Rachael fan so I can not wait to try it out. F.Y.I. Mariann P. informed me that she never knew you could click on the titles of the recipes…….so for those who were not aware please use this website as a guide and whenever you see highlighted recipe titles feel free to click on it and it should take you to the original recipe where there are pictures and sometimes videos. I reference the home page of the websites below. Beware, you might become addicted to recipe searching like I am!
* Recipe can be found at Rachael Ray Show
- 1 pound whole wheat or whole grain spaghetti 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound chicken or pork cutlets, very thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced and thoroughly cleaned
- A couple of generous handfuls shitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 inches ginger root, grated
- 1/3 cup Tamari
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
- 2 limes, zest and juice of 1, the other cut into wedges, divided
- Sriracha or other hot sauce, to taste
- 2 cups shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce Cilantro or basil, chopped, for garnish
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Add salt and cook pasta to al dente.
When the pasta goes into the water, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken or pork, brown and transfer to a plate.
Add leeks and mushrooms to the skillet and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, and cook a minute more. Stir in Tamari, agave syrup or honey, lime zest and juice, and hot sauce to taste. In a large serving bowl, toss veggies with the meat, noodles and lettuce to combine.
Garnish with cilantro or basil and serve with lime wedges alongside.