I know I know, I have already posted this recipe before but this is another way of cooking the all time favorite Buffalo Dip. Elizabeth A. brought this to a party and I fell in love all over again. It is VERY similar to the Frank’s Buffalo dip, but it does involve heating and mixing all ingredients together so the lovely layering look is out the window. Try both ways and see if you can taste or see the difference.
*recipe can be found at allrecipes.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot®)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers
Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.