Ashley L. introduced me to this recipe a while back and it was so good I have made it numerous times since then. The recipe can be found at SkinnyTaste. This awesome website has recipes that are categorized by Weight Watchers points!!!! If only this were around when I was actually counting, but I hope this can help those of you that are staying on the wagon. Enjoy!
For the sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (the more you use the spicier it will be!!!)
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
For the chicken:
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 8.5 oz (2 breast halves) cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 8 (6-inch) reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
In a medium saucepan, spray oil and sauté garlic. Add chiles, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Spray a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it. Place on baking dish seam side down. Top with sauce and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Top with low fat sour cream or scallions if you wish. (Extra points)