Ashley L. sent me this recipe from The Pioneer Woman website. The Pioneer Woman’s website is great because it shows step by step pictures of how to cook her recipes. Please just use this as a guide and make sure to visit her site to “see” the pictures. Ashley L. made the chicken spaghetti and said it was Delicious! I plan on making this in the near future because if it has any type of pasta I am sure I will love it.
*recipe can be found at The Pioneer Woman’s website.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cans cream of mushroom (I will use Healthy Request cream of chicken)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 (4oz) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into 2″ pieces
- 2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
- 1 tsp Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 additional cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Cook one cut up fryer chicken and pick out the meat to make two cups (cook in boiling water). Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining 1 cup cheddar. Cover and freeze up to 6 months, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days, or bake immediately at 350° for 45 minutes until bubbly. If the cheese on top starts to cook too much cover with foil.