How many times have you had people over and you didn’t know what to serve? Here are two easy dips that are always a party pleaser.
- 8 jalapeños, halved and seeded 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 8-ounce blocks cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips Assorted dippers – veggis, chips, pretzels, whatever you like
Preheat a broiler or grill to medium-high.
Toss the jalapeño halves with the EVOO and roast under the broiler or char on the grill until softened and blackened, about 3 minutes per side.
Turn the oven to 400ºF. Let the peppers cool enough to handle them, then chop them up.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, half of the cheddar and all of the chopped roasted peppers. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese and crushed chips. Bake the dip until golden brown and bubbly, 15-18 minutes.
Serve with assorted dippers alongside.
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup any flavor FRANK’S® REDHOT® Sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese (I use Cheddar)
- 2 cans (9.75 oz. each) SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained (I use a rotisserie chicken shredded)
Heat oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
Mix in salad dressing, Frank’s RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
Bake 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
1.Microwave Directions: Prepare as above. Place in microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 5 min. until hot, stirring halfway through cooking.
2.Tips: You may substitute 2 cups shredded cooked chicken.
3.Slow Cooker Method: Combine ingredients as directed above. Place mixture into small slow cooker. Cover pot. Heat on HIGH setting for 1 1/2 hours until hot and bubbly or on LOW setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir.
4.Tailgating Tip: Prepare dip ahead and place in heavy disposable foil pan. Place pan on grill and heat dip until hot and bubbly.