Bev’s Pastel De Tres Leches
- 1 (18.25 oz) white cake mix
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (1/2 inch pieces – I use canned pineapple tidbits)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 cup halved, seedless red grapes
- 3 kiwi, peeled and chopped (1/2 inch pieces)
Prepare cake mix according to directions for sheet cake. Cool completely.
In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup heavy cream, all of the half-and-half, and all of the evaporated milk. Transfer to a spouted measuring cup or other cup with a pouring lip.
With a knife, lightly scrape the surface of the cake. (Loosening the crust allows the milk mixture to penetrate better. Do no remove the scraped crust).
Gradually pour the 3-milk mixture over the cake, using a pastry brush to distribute it evenly, and letting it soak into the cake before adding more. Set aside.
With an electric mixer, whip the remaining 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spread over cake. Arrange the fruit on top of the whipped cream. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Bev drizzles Hershey dark chocolate syrup on each piece when serving.