It’s about that time for football season to kickoff and I found an awesome cheese ball appetizer and a chicken salad recipe in the new issue of Celebrate Magazine. I hope you find this super easy and delicious!
*recipe can be found in Phyllis hoffman’s Celebrate Fall Magazine.
- 5 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cups toasted chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 seasoned salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- Garnish: 6 strips white Cheddar
- Crackers for dipping
In the work bowl of a food processor, combine cheeses, mayo, and garlic. Pulse until finely ground, working in batches if necessary.
In a large bowl, combine cheese mixture, 1 cup pecans, olives, ground red pepper, paprika, seasoned salt, Worcestershire, and hot sauce, mixing well.
Form into the shape of a football. Chill covered, for 2-3 hours, or until firm.
Press remaining 2 cups pecans lightly into the sides of the cheese ball. Garnish with white Cheddar strips to make laces of football.
- 1 (2lb) rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat pulled from bones
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped green apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp extra-light olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 loaf honey wheat bread
- 8 large pieces green leaf lettuce
In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse chicken 30 seconds, or until coarse with small pieces.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, apple, celery, cashews, and green onions. Stir in the mayo, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, and salt until mixture is well combined.
To assemble, place chicken salad evenly on 8 slices of bread, top with lettuce leaf, and cover with another slice of bread. Cut and serve!