I am not a fan of mayonnaise and that is the main reason why I hated pimiento cheese. Last year at one of my bridal showers Mrs. McCoy made her famous homemade pimiento cheese and it was AWESOME! I asked her for the recipe so I could monitor how much of the dreaded mayo went into the dip and I now consider it one of my staple party foods. Enjoy!
Mrs. McCoy’s Pimiento Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mayo (Mrs. McCoy suggest Duke’s, but I use Kraft’s Olive Oil Mayo. It has less fat and I don’t use the full 1 1/2 cups to make it less creamy)
- 1 (4oz) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (I use the Tabasco brand, it adds a little kick)
- 1 tsp finely grated onion
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 small jar of sliced or chopped jalapeno peppers. Add as much or as little as you like.
- 1/2 lb or 2 blocks of Kraft X-tra Sharp Cheddar cheese (red package and shred into normal size shreds)
* I use Fritos, but you can use any chip or bread you like.
Stir first six ingredients together in a large bowl. Add cheese. Can store in refrigerator up to one week.