This Saturday will be our first tailgate of the season and I am hoping for it to be a stress-free kind of day so I am making a stress-free kind of spread. Below are some of the recipes I plan on making and if you have made any of these let me know how they taste.
*recipe can be found at “Sweet Teeth Goodies”
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup canola oil (you decide how much you want to use)
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- 2-3 Tbs. red pepper flakes
- 4 sleeves of Saltine crackers (give or take…however many you can fit in your mixing bowl)
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl for a good long while (5-10 minutes), to really get the crackers coated.
Lay them out on a cookie sheet and drizzle the yummy, ranchy, peppery oil that’s in the bottom of the bowl, over the top of the crackers. Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring them around about halfway through. (optional to bake, most comments said they do not bake and just keep flipping in plastic bag)
Let them cool and store in a big bag.
* recipe can be found at “How Sweet It Is”
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 large)
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz of beer (she used a classic amber)
- 32 oz of barbecue sauce
Season chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add to crockpot, then add beer and 24 ounces of barbecue sauce. Cook on low for 8 hours, tossing once or twice if desired. After 8 hours, shred and add remaining barbecue sauce. Toss chicken to coat and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving to absorb everything. Serve as desired. (I plan on making the night before and shredding. In the morning I will add extra sauce and place on buns for the tailgate).